Sunday, April 25, 2010

Family Vacation Pics

Its been about three weeks since our first family vacation and I finally found an opportunity to post about it.  What can I say, life gets busy sometimes! 
Call us crazy but we decided to drive all the way from Lafayette IN to Lake Mary FL...in the tiny little Vibe.  We're young, new parents who felt that it would be worth it to save $100 in gas.  We'll chalk this one up to lesson learned and vow to fly next time!  But we left around 8:00 pm on Thursday and drove straight through.  Much like the development of the nursery, when I say "we" I really mean Max.  Little Riley was such a trooper, sleeping all night long in his car seat.  And when he did wake up, he was his usual chipper self like he is every morning.
Even though Max drove through the night, we still had several hours to go before we arrived to our destination.  I'm not sure if it was the lack of sleep, the coffee-energy drinks-Mountain Dew concoctions, or what but Max kept himself entertained, while I was driving, at Riley's expense. 
Please note that RR is wearing a different outfit than in the previous picture.  Let me tell you, changing diapers and outfits at a gas station in the middle of Georgia is NOT ideal.  Neither is using their restrooms.  *shudder*

Just after lunch sometime we finally made it to our destination.  Wshew!  What a long trip! 
The weather was perfect and the hotel had a nice pool so we planned to take Riley swimming for the first time.  I ran out to the local K-mart (not a Walmart in sight!!) to get some Lil' Swimmers and returned to this:

And this:
But it wasn't long and we were all "rested" and ready for the pool.
Oh wait, I guess RR needed to relax just a little while longer.
These pictures just crack us up!  I wonder what Riley is thinking... 
"This is the life!"
"If only I had a bottle..."
"How YOU doin'?!"
"Where are all the hot babies?!"
Maybe it was just gas.

So into the water went Daddy and Riley, one slow step at a time.
Thankfully, the pool was so warm, like a giant blue bath!
It didn't take long and RR was loving it!
He looks less than thrilled here but trust me, he was having a really good time!
So that was the first day of our first family vacation.  Come back soon to see what we did on day number two.  Here's a hint!



No comments:

Post a Comment